Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Patient Cured for Smiles

This patient, call Mrs. Minah, aged about 50 years, had several consultations to my practice. Complaints varied, ranging from stiff joints and all his muscles, tension in neck, headache, nausea, pain, suffocating in the abdomen, chest pains, palpitations, could not sleep and so on.


The results showed a relationship using a smart phone with a variety of things that are less risky, such as an accident while driving and the imbalance between life and work. "Unfortunately, habits are not easily changed," said Oulasvirta.One thing that interests me in this patient is that he, if I may say never, very rarely smile. He was with her child also said the same thing.
"Yes, doctor, she never smiles, let alone laugh," his son interrupted. I see it is, the teeth mother is too expensive to be seen, I said, attempting to lure him smile. "I always like people who think the doctor continued, his expression is always like that, frowned on," said his son again.
Physical examination in these patients may be considered normal, laboratory showed only a slight rise in blood sugar during which reached 200 mg / dl. ECG, ultrasound, and other investigations were also normal. From examination of the history and penunjuang, I think this patient suffered from psychosomatic illnesses. It should be referenced to the psychiatrists, but psychiatrists do not exist in my place, and also the objections were referred out of town. In addition to getting anxiolytic therapy, and medications Insomnia I also encourage patients to be more active such as exercise, learning to smile and laugh.
Then, after several visits I have seen many patients began to change. The patient was able to smile, laugh. Frown, scowl also has begun to diminish, by contrast, seems a little cheerfulness menghisasi face. Whenever consultation, joke-joke I always make too small to provoke him smile.
On a recent visit, a smile, a cheerful countenance has graced the face of Mother of this lot. When I asked, "Mom look on his face now has changed so much, had lots of smiles and laughter, what's the secret ma'am?" ... .. With a smile she replied, "as recommended by a doctor, I now have a lot of motion, morning or afternoon my way a walk around the house, and more importantly, I began to smile and laugh a lot. Every morning is always my starting life with a smile, it turns out, if I smile, others around me smile too, it makes me feel more happy and healthy becomes a doctor. I feel other people become better, more attention to me, and my relationship also becomes warmer. Instead doctors, it turns out if I frown, I pouted others will also do the same, they also frown on me, I'm sicker doctor ", says this patient, who seems already started to talk much.
Hmmm, this patient did not know that that smile is a drug, a natural remedy that free smile, do not have to cost at all. Even a smile not only makes us happy, calm, happy, healthy, another party will pick up cheerfulness, our excitement. So the Prophet said that, "smile for your brother is charity", alms for ourselves and others. If he is a charity, you get a good reward, why should you sell expensive that smile?
Patients such as curiosity, then asked, "how can dock yes, that smile could make me feel better?" Look Mom, "Mom tried to experience yourself, change when she smiles, she must have felt the change immediately, feeling my mother," I replied. Research also shows that if we smile, our bodies will also release hormones endorphins, natural pain killer, a kind of pain, and serotonin. These hormones cause changes in feelings and thoughts. We will feel more comfortable, calm, happy, excited and even can reduce the sense of saki that we suffer. and therefore, often just smile and if she needs to laugh! I replied, a bit trying to explain. Ok, the doctor, "I will smile more," continued the patient, while out of the practice room.
Therefore, it's healthy start from small things, a smile just as you do already provide a tremendous benefit to your health. So, not surprisingly, a famous Arab writer said, if you want to decorate this life with a smile, maybe some drugs that are not eaten during dieperlukan.

No comments: