Sunday, March 26, 2017

Beware of the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in the House

Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the "silent killer" because it can not see or smell, risk caused poisoning and death.

Sunday night (19/3) ago, a British family consisting of the parents and five children was found semi-conscious when the barbecue in the home, reports The Sun. Fortunately, help came immediately and all family members survived after being treated in hospital.

Each heater which emit gases such as gas stoves or water heaters with gas, and combustion using coal or wood, can give off toxic fumes of carbon monoxide when it is not functioning properly.

Carbon monoxide leak have early symptoms, so it is important to recognize signs of intoxication, so you can seek help in an emergency.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headaches, dizziness, feelings of malaise, fatigue or drowsiness, abdominal pain and difficulty breathing that comes on suddenly.

These symptoms are quite common for a variety of diseases, but if another family member suffering from the same symptoms, a sign there is a risk of leakage of carbon monoxide.

Here's a simple way to avoid the danger of leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning:

1. Make sure there is good ventilation, especially in the kitchen and bathroom with a water heater. One of the causes of carbon monoxide poisoning is the lack of ventilation in the room with a stove, heater, boiler or heating coal.

2. Make a barbecue or process food is burned in an open space, not in the room.

3. It is better if the kitchen has a suction or chimney, thus reducing the risk of exposure to carbon monoxide while cooking in an enclosed space.

4. Routine gas control equipment or chimney in the home by a technician. Including clean it regularly.

No comments: