Passion fruit (Passiflora edulis) or watery fruit is filled with many seeds. This fruit can be eaten directly or mixed with juices made with other fruits to add aroma.
However, this fruit has many health benefits you know! Here are 7 health benefits of passion fruit, as reported Dovemed, Thursday (10/06/2016).
1. Passion can improve digestive health Passion Fruit contains lots of fiber to 25 grams per fruit. The recommended daily fiber intake diet for men and women 38 grams and 25 grams respectively. Diet by eating passion fruit can help prevent constipation and smooth bowel movement. Dietary fiber can also erode the cholesterol from the arteries and blood vessels.
2. Passion has a low sugar content Passion has a glycemic index (GI) or low blood sugar. High glycemic index foods (like white rice and white bread) will cause a spike in blood sugar and insulin levels after a meal, followed by a rapid drop in blood sugar levels. Sugar from passion fruit is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream, which prevents blood sugar and keeping the mood swings.
3. Passion can fight infection One passion fruit contains 118 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and eliminate the cancer-causing effects of free radicals in the body.
4. Passion Fruit Passion can maintain blood pressure is loaded with potassium and low sodium content. This helps blood vessels relax and maintain a healthy blood pressure. Passion fruit can also reduce the strain on the heart and improve overall heart health.
5. Passion improve heart health fibers, vitamins C and B6, and potassium has been known to improve heart health. All the content that is in the passion fruit. According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, although the benefits of increased potassium intake. One study showed that individuals who consumed 4069 mg of potassium per day had a 49 percent lower risk of death from ischemic heart disease compared with those who consumed less potassium (approximately 1000 mg per day).
6. Passion can prevent cognitive decline passionfruit Some components, such as potassium, folate, and various antioxidants provide neurological benefits. Folate has been known to reduce the occurrence of Alzheimer's disease and cognitive decline. Potassium has been associated with increasing blood flow to the brain and improve cognition, concentration and nerve activity.
7. Passion helps you sleep better Passion can help you sleep better, because it has a high magnesium levels. It also helps regulate metabolism, help reduce the occurrence of sleep disorders and insomnia.